Saturday, December 17, 2016

McNeil Point Overnight Trip on Mt. Hood

Back Packing McNeil Point on Mt. Hood
October 2014

I had to get out into nature to recharge a bit.  I went on another overnight backpacking trip.  The weather has been great for hiking and camping.  The views were spectacular.  I went to Mt. Hood and did a new hike.  We put the tents up near Cairn Basin and then hiked without packs to McNeil Point.  McNeil Point had jaw dropping views. We were getting evening light when we were there so it was beautiful in every direction you looked. I love sitting high on a mountain to watch the changing light.  There is a spot high on the ridge that I want to go back and camp at.  I took pictures of the sunset as I hurried back down the trail trying to make it to camp before it got too dark.  Then the moon came out bright and beautiful right beside the mountain.  It was a very quiet night.  

It didn't get too cold and as soon as the sun found me in the morning it warmed right up.  We stashed our big packs and went off to explore Cairn Basin before heading back down the trail.


North Side of Mt. Hood

Hiking through the Dollar Lake Burn Area

Colorful Leaves

A Tent with a View

A Majestic Mountain

Jenny hiking up a ridge


Looking North

Close to Snow



Jon enjoying the view

An Ancient Alpine Tree


Sunset

Moon over the Mountain

Hiking to Cairn Basin

Another Burn Area

Pretty Path

Red


Color on the Ridge

No comments:

Post a Comment