Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Lower Deschutes Raft Trip Oregon July 2013


I was unloading rafting gear and sorting things out after returning from the Idaho trips when my brother came over and invited me on a Deschutes trip.  I agreed to go and loaded my raft and gear into his trailer.   I used a stern mount frame and had Shelly and Bjorn as my paddlers.  We carried all of our gear in the center of the raft.  Johnny ran his 14 ft cat with Carla and all of their gear.  We took 3 days to run about 24 miles from Mack’s Canyon to Heritage Landing.  We had sunshine and very strong winds which made us pull off the water early seeking camp.

Bow Paddlers, Shelly and Bjorn
Hanging Bird Nest

Tent site in the Open
Johnny Fishing for Fun
Catching Fish
Ready to Paddle Down River
Evidence of a Recent Burn along the River
A Lizard Soaking up the Sun
Bjorn Scouting a Drop
Rattle on the Rattlesnake
Hunting for Food
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis Egg Casing
Seedpods
Windy Breakfast Camp
A Cool Morning
Johnny and Carla in Whitewater
Jenny at the Oars
Last Rapid

No comments:

Post a Comment